Subscribe to this Blog Add to Pageflakes

Thursday, September 25, 2008

CDs for iPods!

I first read about iPodmeister.com in Newsweek and couldn't quite figure out the business plan. After looking over their website I still don't see how they are making money. They will except your old CDs and DVDs and give you an iPod, iTouch or even an iPhone in return. They even digitize your music and load it on your iPod (if it all fits) for you. I haven't tried it out and can't quite convince myself that it is legit but I certainly do have a lot of old CDs laying around collecting dust so...

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I, too, am perplexed as to how this business can make any money.

Perhaps it's like the old SNL "Change Bank" commercial–how do they make money? Volume.

I'm considering giving it a try...

Stein Brunvand said...

If you try it out let us know what happens. I am intrigued enough to give it a shot myself. After all, all my old CDs are just collecting dust anyway so what do I have to lose?